The weekend before Luke was born, we attended Grace's first dance recital. Now when I say "dance recital" you all think gym stage, 20-30 minute presentation of little girls, lots of crying and waving at parents. Not so for Attitudes Dance by Aimee.
Gracie's dance recital was a full blown, 3 Act, 2 hour performance at the local grand theatre. The Tiny Tots (3 & 4 year old ballet class) were Mermaids. And Grace had a blast. She has enjoyed dance this last year and really had a great time doing her dance show. Audrey also really enjoyed it. She asks regularly if we can go watch Grace's show again - so I think she'll be excited when we get the DVD from it.
We got the costume the week of the show and Grace was very excited to be a Mermaid but a little concerned that the top and bottom didn't meet, but like most little girls, got over that quickly and didn't mind showing off her little belly. Aunt Susie helped do her make-up, as when Susie gets ready while we are around, they always have fun putting make-up on Grace. I did her hair, after practicing for several Sundays before. We finally got the right combination of hairspray, gel, and heat to keep the curls around for a couple of hours instead of minutes. It was a lot of fun and I know Grace really enjoyed it all!
Thanks to the Grands for coming!



1 comment:
look at all those little mermaids- What a production!! Next year I should bring Ellia to watch! I like the new background. Did you do that yourself, or find it somewhere?
Post a Comment