Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Road Trip

With Michael in Utah this last weekend for his Grandma Jolley's funeral, the children and I had to travel South by ourselves. This a huge feat for myself, as when I get in the car, I get sleepy! Thanks to all who were home and available to talk to me!! :)

It was a full 2 days. Saturday afternoon we spent in Centerville at Poppa Frank & Grandma Vickie's. The girls played with Kaylea and Grandma and then we went and visited Uncle Tony & Aunt Julie's new place. Grace was hesitant at first but soon was loving flying down the driveway with Uncle Tony on their 4-wheeler. I wish I had taken a picture - she was wearing one of his shirts and just loving it!

Saturday night we attended a surprise party for my Uncle Brad's 40th Birthday. The bigger shock of the evening was when my mom was pointing me out to an old teacher of her's and said, "That's my oldest - she'll be 30 in January." I can't be that old.

Sunday we were at RahRah & Poppa Hollywood's and then traveled to Grandma & Grandpa Great's to celebrate the multiple birthdays of August & September. It was a nice relaxing day! (Pictures later)

On the way home, we had to adventures. With only about 40 minutes left, I hear Grace laugh and say,"He's got a paper napkin!" and thought nothing of it! Then a minute later she says,"The baby has a paper napkin!" and then I realized that the movie didn't have any babies in it and the baby must be Luke. He had two handfuls of paper napkins and was quite displeased when I took them away!!

About 2 minutes later, we had our first roadside-pee. Grace refused to go before we left and has it had been over 3 hours since we had left anyways, she had to go and go now! We all survived and were still nice and dry when we arrived home 4 hours after we left.

I'm so glad Michael is coming home tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Krista said...

See, I knew you would have enough to keep you busy while he was gone:)

Ron and Rachelle said...

You are brave woman, that's all I can say...we miss you guys! the St Louis temple is beautiful and I think of you when I go. The Bride's room is sooooo cool! I hope you are doing well...

Reggs said...

Hey Jamie! Just dropping in to say hello. I am so glad I can keep up with you from time to time. And I am still laughing about baby squirts!

Lisa said...

I always imagined what a road trip with three kids by your self would be, thanks for the info and I Laughed through the whole story! I am so glad that Grace was able to stay dry!

what a crazy time!