Thursday, August 26, 2010

Toot, toot!

So at some time in my life, someone said, "Sometimes you just have to toot your own horn." So, I'm going to. I started running a few weeks ago (yes, Marci, I'm running!), doing the www.coolrunning.com "Couch to 5K" program. I'm actually doing it and for the most part enjoying it. I've completed 2 weeks worth and been running outside in an Iowa summer. It's been humid, ready to storm and even cold. But I did it. I'm really proud of myself. I don't really want to run a 5K but I just wanted to do something for myself.

Also in my life, I have long hair. If you've seen me lately, you know that it's decent length. If you've known me for a long time, you know that it is really long for me! It's curly, not too frizzy and I'm loving it. My second goal is to grow out my hair to donate for Locks of Love. We'll see how long it takes!

As you can see, I'm just feeling pretty good being me. I've got 4 beautiful kids, a husband who worships me and my body, regardless of it's fluctuating shape and hairiness, wonderful friends who help keep me sane and a beautiful family that encourages, listens and laughs with me. We may not be exactly where we thought we'd be in our lives at this point, but I'm really liking where I'm at!

2 comments:

Caleb and Marci said...

Yeah for running... Next April- you, me, Salt Lake Half Marathon. You in? Ok, great. Its a date. :-) Miss you. When Wyatt stops screaming so much, we should talk more.

Christi said...

Hip hip Hooray! Good job!