Michael and I decided we needed to be in more pictures, especially me. So I randomly take these pictures of us together. This one was on my birthday, and if I do say so, we look pretty dang good. :-) Not a terrible holding at arms length picture.Niki pointed out to me this morning that I hadn't updated my blog in a long time, especially since I use to update it almost twice a week, if not once. So, I thought I'd reflect back on our week and maybe even look at the week ahead. (Since I probably won't blog again for a bit!)
Well, with all of the snow and kids being sick, we've missed Momschool for several weeks. We had school last Thursday with the Letter L and then again this week with the Letter M. I taught this week and we had fun. There were only 3 girls there, plus Audrey, so things went relatively smoothly. We did a lot of music making, with the wonderful instruments that RahRah & Poppa Dan gave the girls for Christmas, with permission of course. I think for all 4 of the girls, that was the highlight of school this week. Yesterday we did some singing, several songs with hand motions I thought the girls might now. Audrey was the loudest singer of them all! She definitely loves to sing - I did mention about how she sings the opening credits and commericals on PBS Kids haven't I? We watch too much tv.
Sunday night we had a new couple in our ward over to play "Ticket to Ride" at the same time the girls went to bed. Not as successful as I thought it would be because we had taken the white knob off of Grace's door, so she was able to open it herself... It has since gone back on and we'll try again when she's 4. But it was a nice evening with them.
Our washer isn't working and I don't know when the Landlord is on fixing it. we spent the day out at JuJu & Poppa Royal's yesterday (bless them!) along with Annie, Lisa & Addison, doing laundry. It ended up being a nice day - not to hectic I hope! :) The night before we had taken dinner out there, done a couple of loads of laundry & the girls & Michael went sledding. Grace loved it! Audrey thought it was too cold, so she went down once and came back in.
Grace was measured for her dance outfit for the studio's recital at the beginning of June. It will be June 7-8 and a big thing. Tickets were about $12-15/piece last year and are estimated to be about the same. They also started practicing the routine - it is a good thing they have 4 months! But it is way cute to see these little girls actually dancing. And if I'm allowed to toot my own daughter's horn, she follows the directons of her teacher pretty well and about 95% of the time has the correct position when it's called out! :) She likes it a lot! I wonder if she'll stick with it.
Well, that's roughly been our week. Michael's continued to work hard, Audrey comes up with funny things almost everyday (but of course I can't remember anything at the moment) and Grace is becoming a young girl. Heaven help me.
OH!! And "Bubba" started really moving last week - great excitement for me! Side note: "Bubba" is a fun name the girls and I've started calling the baby. It is not at all what we will call him once he arrives!
2 comments:
Hope you had a great birthday! Oh... and... I bet you'll still call him 'Bubba' when he's here!!! :)
I'm glad you updated your blog and have had such a great time. Sorry the kiddos were sick, that is never fun!
Post a Comment